Pyramid Residential Care Centre Accreditation Reports & Performance
The Pyramid Residential Care Centre is an approved provider under the Aged Care Act and monitored by the Australian Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission. We participate in regular audits to be accredited. Our accreditation is valid until the 11th October 2020.
On the 1st July 2019, the Aged Care Quality Standards are changing. There will be eight Quality Standards that make up the New Aged Care Quality Standards. These are listed below and are expressed in three ways.
- A statement of outcome for the consumer – Quality review processes focus on consumer outcomes and the examination of evidence of consumer experience;
- A statement of expectation for the organisation – Quality review processes focus on the systems and processes that organisations have in place to support the realisation of this statement;
- Organisational requirements – The Aged Care Standards Guidance Materials provide an outline of each requirement, reflective questions and examples of evidence that demonstrate how elements of the organisation requirements are met.
Aged Care Quality Standards
- STANDARD 1 CONSUMER DIGNITY AND CHOICE
- STANDARD 2 ONGOING ASSESSMENT AND PLANNING WITH CONSUMERS
- STANDARD 3 PERSONAL CARE AND CLINICAL CARE
- STANDARD 4 SERVICES AND SUPPORTS FOR DAILY LIVING
- STANDARD 5 ORGANISATION’S SERVICE ENVIRONMENT
- STANDARD 6 FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
- STANDARD 7 HUMAN RESOURCES
- STANDARD 8 ORGANISATIONAL GOVERNANCE
For more information in regards to the new Aged Care Standards, please download the brochure here. Or contact our Quality & Compliance Coordinator, Deborah Jolley on phone 07 4056 1454.